Wednesday, December 3, 2008

My Journey to The Moms Panel - Part 2

Ok, yesterday I left off with the phone interview, so I'll pick up there.

Waiting for the decision was so nerve wracking. After I knew that all of the interviews were over, it was just a matter of time. I was cautiously optimistic, but I still kept telling myself that I probably didn't make it and I should just be proud of how far I had come. All of the people who moved on to the third round had to do a background check. When I sent my forms back, I worried that I hadn't filled everything out or that I had forgotten to sign - even though I checked a million times before sealing the envelope! I was also replaying the interview in my head, thinking of things I could have or should have said. Basically, it was torture!!!

Then, on election day I received an e-mail that they would be contacting everyone the following day with the results - good or bad. Talk about being stressed out! I sat up watching the election results roll in, but my mind was consumed with what my fate would be the next day. That night I hardly slept as I thought about the possibilities.

The next day I carried my cell phone with me everywhere. I didn't dare risk missing this call! Finally at around 2:30 or so, my phone rang. I seriously almost passed out! I answered the call and braced myself for what I was sure was going to be bad news. When everyone on the other end of the phone yelled "Congratulations!!", tears immediately popped into my eyes. My hands were shaking and I just started crying like a baby. I think I even asked if they were kidding me, lol! I could not believe it. Actually, sometimes I still can't believe it. I was chosen to be a panelist on the Disney World Moms Panel in 2009!

I called my mom and husband with the good news and floated around my house like I was on a cloud for the rest of the day. The only bad thing was reading the posts on the DIS boards from all of the people who weren't chosen. I almost hated to write about my good news and how excited I was because I knew how disappointed others were. Luckily, everyone really seemed supportive and happy for those of us who had made it onto the panel. It was so great to share the anticipation with everyone there.

It's hard to believe that I got that phone call about a month ago. Back then it seemed like the training trip would never come, but here it is - the day after tomorrow. I am so excited to meet all of my new friends who I've been talking with these past few weeks on facebook. It has definitely made the time go by quickly and I am so eager to meet these wonderful people who I already feel as if I know.

Anna, Diane, Diane, Jo, Joanne, Jennifer, Doug, Cathy, Karen, Margaret, Kay, Jodi, Whitney, Jackie and Tanya - can't wait to meet you all in person! See you REALLY soon!!!

1 comment:

Allison said...

Thanks for sharing...I might have dropped the phone..hehe! Safe travels tomorrow!