Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Blame It On The Groundhog

When you think about April what comes to mind? Flowers, the smell of fresh cut grass, the sound of children laughing while playing outside after being cooped up all winter. Unless of course, the kids are still cooped up because winter isn't over yet. Yes, that's right. It is a week into the month of April and it is still SNOWING.

In fact, last night as I was walking up the stairs to head to bed I glanced out the window. The snow was blowing sideways and it was a white-out. All of a sudden there was a huge clap of thunder and the sky lit up with lightning. OK, maybe I just didn't pay enough attention in meteorology class in high school, but is that even normal?

Mother Nature is completely confused. I'm well aware that Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow back in February, but isn't that supposed to bring on only six more weeks of winter? We're pushing nine weeks here and I must say that I don't know how much more I can handle.

It's so strange how as a kid you looked forward to the snow and would pray for a blizzard if it meant school would be canceled. Now as an adult the snow means shoveling the sidewalk, slipping on ice, clearing off your windshield, freezing your butt off and catching every cold and flu bug floating around.

Bring on spring!!

No comments: