Monday, April 6, 2009

The Easter Bunny and Pirate Treasure

Wow, it's almost Easter. Wasn't it just Christmas? No worries. I've got the baskets and all the goodies ready to go. My only concern is what can I do to top last year.

Last year we visited Disney a few weeks before Easter and on that trip Sophie fell in love with Captain Jack. She decided that she would marry him because he was "cute and has lots of treasure and lots of candy." Her words, not mine - but I like the way she thinks! Well she was lucky enough to meet her future husband and from then on it was all pirates all the time.


This is how I got the idea to create a treasure hunt for Easter morning. Levi made a treasure chest and I made a treasure map. I really got into the whole charade. I even aged the paper with coffee grounds and tea before drawing a map that would lead Sophie through the house to her treasure on Easter morning.

When Sophie woke up, we told her that pirates had captured her Easter basket and left her a treasure map in its place. Much to my delight, she was on board!
We followed her around the house as she followed the clues and gathered gold wrapped chocolate coins. Finally she found the site of the hidden treasure.



So, Princess Sophie saved the day and rescued her Easter treasure from the pirates. She went on and on about that adventure all day and still has the treasure chest in her bedroom.

Some might say I go overboard, but kids are only young once!

4 comments:

Jo Y said...

Amber that is so cute, I love everything you did, it was fantastic :)

Margaret said...

LOVE IT! I knew I loved Sophie-a girl after my own heart--Pirates rule!

Allison said...

What an adorable idea!

After our Easter trip to WDW, Max has now proclaimed Pirates of the Caribbean his favorite ride and he loved Jack Sparrow and got his face painted like him in Epcot!

Karen said...

I love it! What a cute idea...and you are right they are only young once!